Have you ever made up your mind to do something only for the zeal to disappear in a puff of smoke? If you have, RESILIENCE is the word you need. Doctor Amit Sood, a member of the Everyday Health Wellness advisory board, defined resilience as the ability to withstand life’s adversity and bounce back and grow despite life’s downturn. It also means to endure or to stand up after a fall. Resilient women are dominators of whatever field they are in. These women are not invincible, as they also feel afraid and insecure, just like every other woman, but they do not let these feelings dictate their actions. Do you know what Funke Akindele, Ibukun Awosika, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, and other successful women have that helped them achieve their dreams? Resilience.
What are the benefits of Resilience?
- Reduced Anxiety and Depression: When you are Resilient, you can take positive actions to improve a difficult situation. This reduces anxiety and improves your emotional and mental health.
- Greater Success at Work: A resilient you is a more positive you, and this can affect your work or career. You become more action-oriented.
- Stronger Social Ties: By being resilient, you can foster better relationships with people. Watch your friend base increase (quality friendships over quantity friendships).
- Discovery of New Skills: When you do not give up during challenging times, you will discover many things about yourself that you did not know in your goal to resolve problems.
- Better Leadership: The quality of resilience will increase your leadership skills, making you a force to be reckoned with in your chosen field or line of business.
- Deep Sense of Self: Resilient women have a better understanding of themselves, their emotions, values, and character.
Tips On Becoming A Resilient Woman.
- Study the word ‘resilient.” You cannot be resilient if you do not know what it means to be resilient. A deep study of the word is the first step towards being resilient.
- Do detailed research on successful women. Doing this will help you understand that before great success, there were many failures. Make one or two of these women your role models.
- Determine to be resilient: Life will get in the way and you will get tired, so have a mind determined to be resilient.
- Develop a deep relationship with God. Your relationship with God can influence your ability to withstand pressure and challenges.
- Seek development: When you develop yourself, you allow yourself to be a better version of yourself.
You can only achieve great feats if you possess the ability to try again after many failures. Thomas Edison failed 1,000 times before he could invent the light bulb, but he went down in history for inventing many great things that influenced other inventions. You need to accept that failure is, most times, part of the process.
Dear woman, make this year the year you develop Resilience.